Careers > VP – Sales & Business Development
LOCOMeX, Inc., is a pre-revenue and pre-seed startup seeking an experienced leader to be a key part of an executive team that is using technology to disrupt and change supplier diversity and supply chain ecosystem.
As the VP – Sales & Business Development Officer, you are required to have a broad and comprehensive knowledge of all matters related to the business of the organization with an eye towards identifying new sales prospects and driving business growth and requirements for product development that will be coordinated with R&D functions.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables you to drive engagement and interact with executives and managers of supplier diversity & supply chain organizations, as well as some technical background that enables you to easily interact with customer’s IT organization, startup founders, product development team, software developers and architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to leverage and motivate LOCOMeX’s organization to achieve high-impact results in tandem.
We’re inviting you to join our team as the Startup Sales & Business Development Officer to drive the awareness and adoption of the LOCOMeX Platform across industry verticals such as energy, utilities, construction & healthcare in United States. Your job is to help discover, grow, and keep government agencies & fortune 500 companies on LOCOMeX Platform. This will be accomplished in collaboration with Chief Operating Officer (COO) and other executives to identify, accelerate, and win sales and business development opportunities with our top target customers and prospects.
The responsibilities for this hybrid sales/business development role include territory strategy creation, direct sales and account management engagement with our target customers to assist with service adoption and cost/architecture optimization needs, pilot project set-up, system customization & configuration and execution of business development activities designed to help target customers improve year over year (YOY) supplier diversity program implementation and achieve corporate social responsibility goals.
- Serve as an Account Executive to high potential target customers within our target market segments.
- Serve as an escalation point for field sales teams managing target customers requiring white glove support.
- Identify high potential customers currently being served by our competitors, develop and execute on customer acquisition & migration strategies in partnership with field sales teams.
- Advise field sales teams on target market trends and strategies to win/accelerate opportunities with potential customers.
- Drive sales prospects through to contract award (including identifying new customers and markets, developing approaches to the market, proposal preparation, etc.)
Business Development-Oriented Responsibilities
- Ensure all high potential customers have full awareness of and access to the value propositions that our marque product – DivedIn, and LOCOMeX Platform has to offer.
- Identify and engage supplier diversity certification organizations in Go-To-Market and other partnership-oriented opportunities.
- Increase LOCOMeX affinity and drive LOCOMeX Platform adoption via engagement in one-to-many supplier diversity ecosystem events in the field.
- Elaborate business development plans, design and implement processes to support business growth, through customer and market definition.
- Facilitate business growth by working together with customers as well as business partners (suppliers, subcontractors, strategic partners, technology providers, etc.).
- Build and maintain high-level contacts with prospective customer and other business and project partners.
- Develop marketing strategy, manage proposal teams and client account managers.
- Execute strategic initiatives for LOCOMeX, while working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, partners, marketing, technical, support, training, etc.).
- Understand and actively utilize CRM software such as salesforce.com and other internal LOCOMeX systems to manage reporting, tracking, measuring, analysis, and goal attainment for Sales & Business Development (BD) team.
- Prepare and deliver data-driven reviews to the senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks in the supplier diversity business.
- Participate actively in supplier diversity & supply chain events of all kinds to identify high potential customers and build personal relationship with top executives and influencers.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Provide training and mentoring to members of the sales & business development team.
- Develop and deliver pitches for potential investors.
- 10+ years of total professional work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in account & relationship management and technical sales.
- Passion for supplier diversity and the supply chain ecosystem – understanding of how supplier diversity program operates and the unique characteristics of supplier diversity ecosystem and communities.
- Strong and flexible sales muscle – ability to manage both a high volume of lower-touch engagements as well as dive deep on fewer but larger, more complex opportunities.
- Proven BD mindset – balanced short-term and long-term thinking; demonstrated track record of helping customers achieve business objectives beyond just selling product & service; ability to think like true partners and going outside of the scope of sales or marketing function to help customers.
- Professional maturity – ability to operate effectively and with self-discipline given ambiguity, diverse market needs, minimal micro-managerial oversight, and geographically disperse teammates.
- BA or BS degree. An MBA or Master’s a plus.