Careers > Chief Operating Officer (COO)
LOCOMeX, Inc., is a pre-revenue and pre-seed startup seeking an experienced leader to be a key part of an executive team that is using technology to disrupt and change supplier diversity and supply chain industry.
As COO, you will help us drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance-oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals. Your experience in supplier diversity, strategic sourcing, procurement and supply chain with either of the following energy, utilities, construction, healthcare and technology companies will help us craft efficient and effective systems for the entire organization while taking direct responsibility for operations, business development/alliances, and vendor management.
You will also successfully run day to day operations in order to allow CEO to focus on fundraising, thought leadership, and evangelizing the vision. The ideal candidate will have strong personal accountability for results, strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and comfort operating in a start-up environment with an ability to prioritize and drive actions to closure.
Responsibilities/Qualifications/Essential job Functions:
Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive the operational launch of the company product in Q4 2020
- Develop and execute an integrated go-to-market plan for the product, including feature roll-out, product positioning, and routes to market.
- Assess market priorities and prioritize R&D investments.
- Deliver agreed performance within budget. Performance includes P&L, market share, and customer satisfaction targets.
- Work with Finance to develop a pricing model that ensures P&L targets are achieved.
- Partner with Business Development leader to establish agreed mix of pricing, marketing programs, direct sales, and channel partners.
- Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives.
- Working in partnership with the management team and advisory board, create the strategic five-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals.
- Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily operations.
- Oversee contract negotiation and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
- Manage the daily performance of the operations team. Use good meeting and project planning practices to drive focus and results.
- Manage individual performance by establishing annual operating objectives for each employee with quarterly reviews. Also establish annual development plan for each employee and provide ongoing coaching.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for a rapid scaling of operational capacity through automation, process improvements or other productivity measures while maintaining high quality standards, rapid response times, high reliability and cost-effective operations.
- Interface with Product Engineering and IT Operations to ensure appropriate systems are in place to achieve goals.
- Oversee the human resource function, including:
- Recruitment, hiring, onboarding and retention
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Professional training and development
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree. An MBA or Master’s a plus.
- 15+ years’ experience with progressive general management responsibilities in the supplier diversity & supply chain, technology and product development industry in a high-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Expertise overseeing product design, marketing campaign, sales development and technology support organizations
- Successful creation and management of sales program through a distribution network
- Proven P&L management track record
- Experience and success in preparing for, negotiating and closing equity capital raises
- Business line management experience in launching new technology products, and scaling for growth and profitability
- Expertise in defining and scaling operational processes, both internally and with external partners
- Managing multiple projects in a manner that focuses the team and drives results
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Seal Innovations